When planning on a kitchen-remodelling project, one of the most important items to consider is the sink. You can provide a completely new great look for your kitchen by remodelling or replacing the sink or getting an antique sink that is in good condition.
Studies show that remodelling a kitchen is a favorite American pastime in recent years. When the dreams, ideas and plans of new countertops, cabinets, appliances and flooring start to solidify, it is necessary to think about your kitchen remodelling and try to include plans for a temporary kitchen. Nevertheless, most of us are unprepared for the brief turmoil that comes with the kitchen remodelling process.
Preparations for a Kitchen Remodel:
1. Start preparing for your kitchen remodel by packing all kitchen goods. Ask the contractor how much stuff should be cleared away to start work.
2. Label every box with its contents. Try to keep a stash of things that you need on a daily basis, including the coffee maker and supplies, cutting board, can opener, utensils, and microwave and paper plates.
3. Find a place to house the temporary kitchen. The dining room is a good idea because you already have a table in that area. Make sure to stay close to the sink so cleaning up is easy. If the weather allows, your patio or deck is a great alternative.
4. Purchase prewashed or pre-cut vegetables.
5. You can cook meals in advance and freeze them. You can just microwave them during meals.
6. Buy pre-roasted chicken from your local meat store or deli and makes use of your grill outdoors.
7. Another great area for a temporary kitchen is a motor home or camper.
8. Use paper plates, plastic utensils and napkins to minimize clean up. Use your crockpot for quick and one-dish meals.
9. Consider the kitchen floors when you prepare for a kitchen remodel. In most cases, you would also be having your floors redone. However, if they have been done recently, you should protect them. Buy several carpet scraps from any carpet store and lay them over the floor to protect the surface. Use duct tape to tape them firmly on the floor.
10. Remove your dishes to a spare bedroom or any other available room in your house. You can lay them out on the floor or on the bed. The floor is preferable to avoid dishes from breaking in case they fall off the bed.
Preparing for a kitchen remodel is very important and helps in making the remodelling process smoother and easier. Set an appointment with the remodelling contractor of your choice and discuss house rules and other concerns related to your remodelling project. The bottom line is to move everything of value in a safe place and provide an easy place for the contractors to work in. Your remodelling project will work out better when the contractors can concentrate on their job. You do not want them to worry on how to maneuver around things and damaging other items around your kitchen. The tips above will help you eliminate worries and concerns that can get in the way of the work.