It is never easy to decide on a color or two for your Interior Kitchen Design. You may be apprehensive to go bold but are certain that you do not want a kitchen like your mother had either. There are many new color ideas and the best news is that they are here to stay. You can still use white and mother’s avocado green but you will do so and still remain trendy and stylish. It is all in the presentation.
Kitchens have always been a place where family and guests gather but that does not mean that they have to be dull and boring. The kitchens of today are vibrant and energetic and it is just fine to mix and match colors. Bold is good! Look around the room at the color of your appliances and the amount of wall space that you have to work with before making any final Interior Kitchen Design decisions. Ideally, you want to be bold but not overpowering.
· If you are working around stainless steel then try colors like clay, ginger, henna, or cooper. These are gold tones and it is perfectly fine to mix them up as long as you stay in the family. The color does not have to just show up in the paint either. If you have a stainless steel sink, why not add a ginger colored counter top? Add clay colored tiles around the cupboards too!
· Many people don’t dare go quite that bold with their Interior Kitchen Design, which is fine since the kitchen can also be a place that is soothing and comfortable. There are some colors that actually stimulate hunger and make people want to eat. These colors are various shades of red, yellows, and apricots. The whole idea is to use these colors together by making them fresh and inventive. Today’s kitchens require much more than just a two tone paint job.
· Another nice color combination for the kitchen is mixing rich browns, silver blues, and grayish green. These colors mixed with natural fabrics and textures are very relaxing and rich. With these colors use rattan and grass cloth for an added touch of elegance. Go ahead and mix mother’s old favorites with fresh new colors in the kitchen. When using these colors do something really daring like throwing in a splash of vibrant pink.
· There are a few rules of thumb when it comes to Interior Kitchen Design. If your cupboards happen to be wood then it is a good idea to paint in light colors. If your cupboards are white then you need to choose a color that is more towards the almond or sand family. Bold colors do not need to go on the walls. Sometimes it is better to put bright colors in the counter tops or the fabrics.
· It is a good idea to steer away from kitchen colors that make the room feel commercial. Terracotta and Tuscan color schemes have been over played too much. It is not a good idea to end up with a finished product that looks like a restaurant kitchen or one that feels sterile. Use accent lighting to draw out your whimsical hues.
As you learn more about the design elements, it will become easier for you to put colors, patterns, shapes and sizes together. You will soon become pleasantly surprised with the final look of your Interior Kitchen Design.