A garden, no matter how small, is worthless without being seen. Sometimes, it can be seen that the true purpose of the garden is to be seen by people. However, the word “seen” may be inappropriate when referring to the purpose of gardens. The phrase “looked at” may be better.
Why? Because to truly appreciate the aesthetic value of a garden, one cannot simply glance at it, but one should examine it closely. The beauty of a garden truly comes alive when a person takes the time to actually look at its marvel. But how could you encourage people to actually look at your garden?
Garden furniture is the best way you can encourage this kind of admiration subtly.
It should be, however, needs to be suited for your needs. You need to choose the right garden furniture so that your garden is complimented by your choice. The right garden furniture can transform your garden into something akin to paradise, but the wrong furniture could turn it into a hell of clashed styles and design.
So how do you choose the right stuff?
Here are several tips:
1. Location – before you choose what type of garden furniture to get, you need to plan the place.
Choose where to put seating and try to anticipate the behavior of the people who will sit there. If you put a bench near a path, odds are people will be inclined to sit there to rest. If you place seating in a secluded spot, you would be encouraging romantic encounters.
2. Purpose – we all have different purposes for our gardens. Some people have them to show off. Some people consider theirs as a place to relax. Some families also have gardens as a playground for excitable kids.
3. Garden furniture also attracts people to become part of the small garden design, not just mere observers. If you compare a lawn without people to a garden with someone to appreciate it, you would see the life it brings to your lawns
4. Mood – what mood do you wish to convey with your pretty outdoor garden? Do you wish to express a celebration of life? Perhaps you would like to create the mood of wonder, fantasy and magic. Good furniture can transform your garden into a different world. You should choose colors and materials of garden furniture that convey the mood you want to express.
5. Uniqueness – A garden shows off the personality of the owner. As each person is different, so should be the garden. You should choose garden furniture that show this quality of being unique.
Many people choose to put in garden furniture that is somewhat similar to those seen in magazines. You could choose to do this in your small garden design. However, a sense of accomplishment and belonging always come with fitting garden furniture to your unique personality.